- 500 g flour
- 200 g butter
- 200 g sugar
- 1 egg
- apricot jam with ginger
- pistachio butter (available in italian delicacy stores)
- nut-nougat spread
- prepare a classic shortbread dough
- mix flour, butter, sugar and the egg
- knead the dough on a flat surface, form into a ball and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- roll out the dough and cut into 10 cm circles
- put some nut butter or jam in the middle of each circle and fold up three sides, so that they overlap each other
- bake the hamantaschen for appr. 10-12 minutes medium high heat.
Basically you can make the Hamantaschen with all imaginable fillings. In Tel Aviv I liked the poppy seed filled version best.